This position maybe filled at this level or one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
50% - The successful individual will serve as the subject matter expert with minimal direction for Digital Radiography techniques. Lead the transition from film to digital inspection techniques. Develop inspection techniques for new products.
30% - Review NDT technique sheets for compliance to industry specifications, Aerojet Rocketdyne specifications and drawing requirements. Prepare necessary reports.
20% - Support NDT inspection as required.
Using your expertise, the successful individual will also:
- Conduct audits and surveillance of quality systems and processes.
- Promote and assist with continuous improvement activities.
- Perform physical hardware inspection, acceptance and release.
- Product integrity reviews (physical and documentation).
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and at least 9 years of directly related experience in Quality/Manufacturing/NDT processes (or an equivalent combination of education and experience); and experience in Digital Radiography (DR) and Computed Tomography (CT).
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will have a track-record of proactivity and a demonstrated history of successfully working under minimal supervision.
- Hands-on working experience in a manufacturing environment and a corresponding understanding of manufacturing processes is essential.
- Experience with auditing practices and Process Certification is desired.
- Experience in any of the following NDT methods is preferred: Radiography (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Fluid Penetrant Inspection (FPI), Eddy Current (ET), or Magnetic Particle (MT).
- A demonstrated proficiency with a variety of NDT inspection techniques and equipment along with a working knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation is required. Experience with digital radiography and computed tomography techniques and equipment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of industry NDT standards (ex. NAS410, ASTM 1742, ASTM 1417, ASTM 1444, AMS-STD-2154, etc...) is requisite.
- Certifications: The ideal candidate would have RT Level 3 certification.
- Candidate must meet requirements of NAS-410.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong computer skills and be well-organized.