PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Specialist, Business Intelligence Developer will participate in developing business intelligence solutions that collect, analyze, and present information to the business, and subsequently develop the solution to address the business requirements. This successful candidate is also responsible for the daily management and administration of Business Objects while ensuring reporting accuracy for end-users with high performance.
- Assess system operations and implement Reporting solutions to optimize performance;
- Responsible for defining and documenting business requirements;
- Develop functional and technical specifications to meet business requirements;
- Perform development to provide reporting solutions addressing specific business needs;
- Responsible for root cause analysis on production issues;
- Responsible for the implementation of solutions to resolve production defects;
- Assess business requirements & processes and provide recommendations on optimal solutions that will best serve the business needs;
- Provide end user support and training.
- Support Reporting applications on 7/24 basis based on on-call roaster.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent Business Intelligence technical experience;
- Knowledge of the Railway business is preferable but not mandatory;
- 6-8 years of hands on experience in Reporting tools with at least 3 end to end implementations
- Minimum of 2-4 years' Experience with a Dashboard Tool like Tableau or Qlikview. Experience in Qlikview Development and Admin preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' of hand-on experience in SQL. Experience in SAP HANA will be an advantage
- Experience in ETL Tools like Informatica will be an advantage.
- Strong experience in understanding of business users expectations;
- Experienced in creating technical design documents from the functional specification documents;
- Capability to provide high level and detail estimates;
- Proven track record in designing and delivering complex Reporting solutions for large organizations;
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check