Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
The Solutions Architect is a member of the Business Applications Project Delivery team responsible for designing and implementing business solutions spanning multiple business areas.
The Project Delivery team is responsible for converting logical designs provided by the IT business partner teams into functional and technical specifications. These specifications will include system configuration, program enhancements, and testing requirements for the design. Members on this team will have the additional responsibility of working with business teams on implementing designs. The Project Delivery team will have expertise in IT tools utilized to manage business processes.
The Solutions Architect works closely with the Business Consultant team on standards, strategy and solution recommendations that align with key business strategies.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into functional and technical solutions.
- Designs solutions for approved emerging application technologies that prepare the company for the future.
- Converts IT business partner requirements into functional specifications.
- Convert functional specifications into technical specifications.
- Configure applications to efficiently support those needs.
- Maintain written documentation for Configuration Table Documents (CTDs).
- Cross train configuration knowledge with other team members.
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine enhanced functionality for the best customer's experience.
- Provide the bridge to the application development team to support the plan design for our customers.
- Coordinates and oversees functional implementation activities.
- Understands the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and designs a solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Facilitates design analysis with users to determine configuration for the user interface.
- Identifies and documents the data sources, recipients and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection and maintenance (including data conversion requirements and how start up data will be collected for implementation.
- Documents the design decisions in an accurate and testable method for use by developers and programmers.
- Assists with the design of user procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- A minimum of 8 years of total business experience with a combination of experience in leading and directing IT solution delivery with direct interaction with business partners.
- SAP module configuration experience required. SAP FICO experience required.
- B.S. degree in a business or IT related field.
- Able to understand the current enterprise structure and design modification within that framework.
- Able to demonstrate understanding and awareness of latest trends in technologies.
- Experience supporting/leading large scale, transformational enterprise business implementations or programs.
- Versatility and a willingness to work within a change driven environment with enthusiasm.
- Experience working with all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organization structure with significant emphasis on collaboration and persuasion, rather than relying entirely on command and control.
- Experience with process mapping.
- Experience documenting complex processes and presenting them in a clear and understandable format.
- Experience understanding, evaluating, and recommending changes to business processes.
- Knowledge of CPG industry and business framework desired.