Sonalysts, Inc. is seeking a software engineer with critical thinking and effective communication skills to perform systems and software engineering functions for defense system development projects. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the development of mission-critical, real-time military software applications and/or interfaces across all phases of the system development lifecycle.
What you will be doing:
- Work on interesting and challenging software projects such as:
- Modeling and simulation of satellite behaviors and advanced payloads.
- Game-based training systems.
- User interface design & implementation.
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to program in modern programming languages and operating system environments.
- Implement cutting edge technologies such as voice recognition, artificial intelligence, data mining, and the latest techniques in modeling and simulation.
- Participate in all areas of the software development lifecycle from planning through test and sustainment.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to challenge yourself (learn and grow) intellectually as technologies advance.
- Participate in research of novel and cutting edge technology applications and software solutions.
- Becoming an integral part of an innovative, employee-owned company, which provides a full range of benefits including paid vacation time, tuition reimbursement program, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and 401(k) plan.
- U.S. citizen, eligible for a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- 5-10 years of recent software application development experience.
- Experience with at least one modern object oriented programming language (e.g., C#, Java, and/or C++).
Strongly Desired Experience/Qualifications:
- Experience in:
- C# and .Net
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Modeling and Simulation
- GUI development
- Experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Object Oriented Design and UML Tools
- Multiple development languages
- Multiple Operating Systems (e.g. Windows, Linux)
- Architecture definition and/or software integration
- Software development involving virtualization technology