Title of Position: Software Engineer Level 2
Description of Position:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- U.S. Citizenship and TS/SCI with Polygraph
Education and Experience Required:
- Fourteen (14) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- 5 years experience using Java 8 or higher
- Experience developing web applications using the Java Spring Framework
- Comfortable developing w/the Eclipse IDE on a Windows platform
- Experience w/Docker containers a plus
- Experience using Subversion for software configuration management a plus
- Experience developing scripts for use on a Windows platform a plus
- Code/develop/integrate modify software in C, C++, Java and other commonly used programming languages.