We need passionate Java software engineers who are looking for challenges of developing complex enterprise level solutions that are provided to top insurance companies and partners.
This means you are interested in collaborating with multi-discipline, multi-business unit teams in an agile (Scrum) process to help design and develop the future of our product lines. You have experience or high interest in working with containerized micro services, REST and event driven architectures. You have a true passion for technology and enjoy learning, engage in personal projects/studies, and thrive in an environment to learn from others as well, but also teach others.
So what are we looking for?
- A very good command of Java and related technologies, including design knowledge.
- Solid understanding of development best practices (e.g. Clean Code, SOLID Principals).
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical colleagues.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Ability to understand and articulate end to end details of your work and projects, along with reasoning/business decision/logic of technologies you've worked with.
- Experience developing enterprise APIs.
- Our engineers have a BS/MS in computer science or related field.
- 5-8+ years of experience in enterprise software development.
Some of the technology experience we have interest in is:
- Spring Boot
- REST Services/Database/Message Broker
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Mocking Frameworks (e.g. Junit, Mockito)
Added Bonus technologies you may learn while at Mitchell:
- Amazon Web Services
- NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Maven, Jenkins, TFS