Novara GeoSolutions is currently seeking an experienced Software Developer to join our growing Software Development group in Norwell, MA, Albany, NY, or Fort Collins, CO.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building complex C++ MFC desktop applications. A truly outstanding candidate will also possess GIS experience and be familiar with ESRI software and APIs.
You'll be working on an exciting mix of existing best-of-breed products and innovative new products where you will be a key contributor to defining the requirements, designing the solution, and delivering quality software across a variety of platforms.
Our software manages critical infrastructure and public safety so your contribution will have a meaningful impact on the world around you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop software using established architecture standards in an Agile development process.
- Contribute to ongoing software architecture and process improvements.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities in a distributed multi-tier enterprise environment.
- Able to start new code projects from scratch or to fix / debug / update existing projects.
- Collaborates well with business product owners to define requirements and specifications.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School Diploma is required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3 years of development experience required.
- Strong C++/OO programming skills is required.
- Database development on SQL Server or Oracle.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with GIS preferred.
- Programming experience with ESRI APIs and SDKs preferred.
- LINQ, Entity Framework experience preferred.
- ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI experience preferred.