Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company, is seeking a Site Safety Health & Environmental Manager to join our team in Seattle, Washington. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
Overall management of Balfour Beatty's safety program on a single project or multiple small projects including the following specific tasks:
- Daily project safety audits.
- Review/assist project superintendent with development of project specific safety plans.
- SDS information s –Ensure that projects and subcontractors have required hazmat information on-site.
- Perform accident investigations including timely documentations and written reports.
- Address and provide resources and solutions for environmental and hazardous material issues and concerns.
- Perform safety related training, and tracking of training, for all project personnel.
- Coordinate first aid / CPR training to ensure supervisor have required up-to-date first aid cards.
- Maintain all project safety records.
- Oversee the project's craft/hourly drug testing program.
- Perform Day 1 safety orientations for all personnel.
- Represent the project at meetings with fellow safety professionals, alliances, associations, etc.
- 5 years of experience in managing safety on medium to large size commercial construction project(s).
- Familiarity with managing project safety for all scopes of work including demolition, shoring/earthwork, concrete/steel, exterior envelope, interior finishes and MEP.
- OSHA 30 certification including, but not limited to, competence in PPE, scaffolding, trenching, material rigging & handling, fall protection, silica exposure, fork/aerial lifts, confined space, hazmat and energized systems safety.
- Demonstrated proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools such as email, internet, and Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- B.S. in Safety & Environmental Health or related field
- 5 years of safety management experience