Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry's standard of care.
- Providing design leadership and guidance to staff. Reviewing engineering documents and deliverables for compliance with contractual requirements as part of DEA's Quality Management requirements.
- Adhering to firmwide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Assisting with project management including design team coordination, schedule preparation and monitoring, production management, quality management, and client communications.
- Designing transportation improvement projects on arterial, collector, local, and transit facilities on the state and local transportation systems.
- Designing, preparing, or overseeing the preparation of preliminary and final plans in Civil 3D, and/or Microstation/InRoads software.
- Coordinating with other project disciplines including structural, geotechnical, stormwater, surveying, traffic, environmental, utilities, right of way, and other aspects of a project.
- Preparation of quantity and cost estimates.
- Preparation of project specifications based on Oregon DOT or agency-specific specifications
- Limited field observation on project sites before, during, and after construction.
- Participation in public involvement / stakeholder outreach activities in support of project development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience with transportation projects focusing on highways and roadways
- Professional Engineer in the State of Oregon or ability to obtain in 6 month
- Self-starting leader, team-oriented, entrepreneurial and able to lead and motivate project staff
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule