DEA's Portland, OR office is hiring for an experienced Senior Transportation Designer to work in our Transportation Business Unit as part of our Transit and Rail team. As a Senior Transportation Designer, you will be providing design and drafting support for engineering project managers and department staff related to various projects during the planning, design, and construction of typical civil engineering projects such as track, streets and highways, drainage facilities, utilities, interchanges, corridors, and support of development design.
- Utilize state of the art computer drafting tools and have a high level of competency to use design software such as Civil 3D.
- Generate mark-ups into drawings, check and plot drawings, correctly label final working drawings, calculate and update project quantities, and update contract drawings and specifications.
- Perform design-related tasks under the supervision of a registered Professional Engineer using standard guidelines and criteria such as AASHTO and others.
- Set up and maintain standard drawing files, directory structures, naming conventions, and software workspaces; and adhere to company drafting standards or create project-specific standards as applicable to each project.
- Obtain work assignments of specific design elements from Project Manager and work within an allocated budget.
- Set up directories and work within file-sharing software's such as ProjectWise or other.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy. Participate in company- and project-driven quality control and assurance processes.
- Track, Roadway, drainage, and/or development design experience
- 10+ years of design experience with an emphasis on transportation and track design
- Experienced with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Civil Drafting
- Experience with Microstation/InRoads
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule