The Senior Test Engineer will oversee the testing of high-speed rotating compressors used for research at Zucrow Laboratories. The research performed on these compressor rigs (both axial and radial) is funded by external sponsors to improve efficiency and durability of their aircraft engine products. The rigs rotate up to 50,000 rpm, with significant heat and pressure loads, with some even operating at engine-relevant conditions. The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible to ensure that rigs are operated by students and staff in a safe and effective manner. The engineer will collaborate with students, sponsors, and vendors to accomplish the test objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, or closely related field
- Five (5) years of experience with experimental rotating machinery
- Knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively support and collaborate with students, staff, and external partners
- Ability to prioritize to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to lift and carry 10 to 25 pounds frequently and up to 40 pounds occasionally
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.