The senior technical business analyst is an active thought partner who contributes to shaping the technology demand among the Exact Sciences business community.
This specific senior technical business analyst role acts as an intermediary between IT project teams and business partners to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which the SAP Concur and other various finance applications and solutions are developed. The senior technical business analyst is responsible for ensuring stakeholders' system and application requirements are met, as well as for providing leadership assistance to other technical business analysts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business sponsors. Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Translates business needs into requirements utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change) to assess and recommend solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis and parallels to overall business strategy.
- Maintains project requirements and scope.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
- Supports project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Develops test plans and assists in testing of software solutions. Facilitate and participate in user acceptance testing and end-user training.
- Maintains documentation of changes and improved procedures.
- Supports various functional applications.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assists in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
- Understands application configuration and clearly articulates how changes are made.
- Monitors performance after implementation of changes to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Researches best practices, end-user needs, and presents option(s) and strategy for implementing changes.
- Evaluates and understands current processes and workflows.
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions. Monitors and manages vendor relationship and performance.
- Provide leadership assistance to other analysts by modeling best-practices and approaches and serving as a coach to more junior colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Capacity for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS, healthcare-related science or related degree.
- 5+ years in a hands-on technical role implementing or supporting business applications specific to the business function this role supports through technical project management, systems development, or quality assurance.
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 1+ years experience operating under SDLC or other software-specific project management process.
- SAP Concur Advanced Configuration Training or SAP Concur Certification:
- SAP Concur Certified Associate – Expense Administrator.
- SAP Concur Certified Professional – Expense Configuration.