Key Leader in delivering quality tax compliance and financial reporting deliverables for this growing and diversified financial services firm. Excellent opportunity for growth, learning and transition into an executive level position.
Nassau Financial Group is seeking an experienced CPA to join its Tax Department. This role is ideal for a financial services tax professional who is comfortable working in multiple areas of taxation while helping execute long term business goals in an evolving business environment. This is an opportunity to help build the infrastructure of a rapidly growing company with significant growth potential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- This role requires a strong working knowledge of insurance company concepts and issues.
- This position reports to the VP, Head of Tax Reporting and will have one (1) direct report.
- The Tax Senior Manager will be responsible for the initial review of quarterly and annual STAT and GAAP financial provisions and disclosures. The role requires the ability to interpret, apply and implement tax-related accounting standards and associated disclosures.
- Conduct initial review of federal and state tax return filings.
- Research tax positions and prepare tax memoranda for both financial tax and income tax accounting purposes; evaluate current tax requirements and the impact of legislation and rulings on the Company's tax return positions.
- Work on Group's 5 Year Plan, tax projections and other modeling projects.
- Manage timely filing of quarterly estimated and extension payments for federal and state filings.
- Develop and maintain the Group companies' tax deliverables in one easy centralized and accessible tax calendar management system.
- Partner with Head of Tax Reporting to implement tax technology solutions to automate the tax department's tax return and provision processes.
- Partner with Tax Counsel, Transactions on tax accounting and reporting aspects of transactions as needed.
- Team with outside advisors and leverage their knowledge while leading these projects to completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting of Finance
- CPA required with significant financial services tax experience required.
- Minimum 5-8 years of tax reporting and compliance experience in the insurance industry or in a financial services tax practice of a major public accounting firm.
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience with insurance tax, tax accounting (ASC 740 and SSAP 101) and consolidated return rules and regulations.
- Technical knowledge of (i) tax reserving and investment tax issues for insurers (ii) partnership and CLO taxation, (iii) FATCA/CRS and BEPS reporting is a key plus.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple areas of taxation.
- Strong computer spreadsheet skills and ability to develop models to meet internal reporting needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and efficiently as well as within a team orientation involving extensive collaboration with our Finance team.