Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a dynamic and innovative individual to fill the role of Senior Structural Designer in our Tallahassee office.
- Design and drafting of reinforced concrete foundations/slabs and structural steel structures/platforms for industrial plants in pulp and paper, chemical, cement, and power industries. Design and drafting will be completed using both 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Prepare project documents in accordance with project and company standards
- Ensure designs are produced in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements and ensure completion within required effort hours and budget
- Identify design change issues and clearly communicate these issues to project management in timely manner.
- Provide technical support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Provide input to capital estimates such as material takeoff quantities
- Act as checker for other designers
- Analyze feedback from fabricators and construction personnel to improve design drawings.
- Provide guidance and advice to less experienced designers
- Establish good working relationships and communication with area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to ensure coordination and compatibility of design.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 plus years' experience working in a mechanical / piping engineering company
- Competency in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Competency in 3D Design tools
- Effective communication skills
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with company driving (MVR) policy.
- Project work will include some field work at client's jobsite to review existing installations. Candidates must be physically fit enough to climb ladders and stairs within industrial plants.