As you'll read and learn about BrightGauge, our web app helps IT Services companies grow their business by using their own data in different ways. Imagine an infrastructure ingesting tons of data 24/7 from many, many different datasources and crunching and presenting that data in real-time on behalf of users and businesses across the world. As a Senior Python Developer, you'll be directly involved helping build, scale, and maintain our product and infrastructure along with a team of thoughtful, fun, and dedicated developers.
- Ship code and plan features from start to finish with other members of the product team (product manager, developers, designers, and YOU) in an agile approach.
- Maintain a growing infrastructure in AWS, help architect core solutions, and improve internal dev efficiencies with tooling and automation.
- Own pieces of the application and help mentor junior devs with code reviews, pair programming, etc...
- Minimal meeting time and max development/productive work time, in a flexible environment.
- Be exposed to all parts of the business and customers so the feedback loop of what/why we're building is as close to you (and the entire dev team) as possible.
- Rest assured in a very fair and competitive compensation plan that will give you access to full benefits (401K, insurance, etc.),
- Be an integral part in a growing and profitable software company that is already past those crazy early days of any new company.
- Get full transparency from leadership on company progress, team progress and personal progress!
- Work in the most beautiful part of Miami, downtown Coral Gables.
- You thrive on Python, Django, PostgreSQL - all hosted on AWS
- You love to use your experience to provide guidance and leadership to the team by setting standards for code quality and timeliness.
- You focus on writing clean, well designed and scalable code.
- Though you love to crush code, you also believe strongly that teamwork is essential in scaling any large product.
- You communicate extremely well, in person but also in writing through tools like Slack, Trello, and Basecamp.
- You've worked with, or at least tinkered with, front end technologies such as React and AngularJS (what we use at BrightGauge every day).
- You're an upbeat and fun personality that enjoys being around others and can have some fun (we hang out quite a bit).
- You work hard but also smart, and you're always humble and always thinking about how you can improve your craft.
- In your free time, you love to learn new technologies, help out others on the team wherever you can, and research new libraries. We're a small team, and you must love the "get your hands dirty" type of culture.