The Senior Service Manager I (Sr. SM I) manages the operations and personnel for approximately 371- 600 equivalent truck units comprised of one or more locations. May have Service Managers, Shift Supervisors, Technicians-In-Charge, Customer Service Coordinators, Parts Responsible Persons, and Administrative Assistance to support the needs of assigned location. The Sr. Service Manager must be able to accomplish results through the effective delegation of work and responsibilities, thus ensuring business objectives and labor requirements are met. Sr. Service Manager is responsible for ensuring that financial requirements are being met while balancing the needs of the customers against the requirements of the business. This position is responsible for the management of location(s) performance against comprehensive metrics to meet and/or exceed assigned objectives. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the location is in compliance with and properly executing all key company processes, Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Repair Practices. As with all FMS Shop positions, the SSMI is responsible for adhering to all Ryder Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. This may also be a development position to prepare incumbents for the Sr. Service Manager II, Maintenance Manager or Manager Quality Assurance roles.
- Great career path!
- Gain hands on experience!
- Work for industry leader!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a position leading to a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Safety Gear & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 86 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 39,000 + Employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree (Business or Engineering preferred) or 6 + years experience in a maintenance operations environment required
- Demonstrated success in a Ryder role may be substituted for this requirement
- 3 years of management experience required
- Operations Management Responsible for the oversight of work analysis, vehicle planning and scheduling, scheduling and assigning work to technicians, productivity tracking and optimization, shift and shop meetings, and RO review and approval
- Directly involved in strategic Labor Planning by evaluating incoming work and allocating resources, balancing shift schedules, establishing operating hours, and level loading work load to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Responsible for optimizing labor at the shop, and ensuring the optimal mix of straight time, O/T and Outside Repair
- Responsible for optimizing shift patterns to match supply of qualified tech hours versus the availability of equipment based upon customer operating hours. Oversee the execution of the Workflow Management process
- Labor Management Provides leadership, training and development to a management team assigned to the branch(es) to include the Service Manager, Shift Supervisors, Technicians In Charge and Customer Service Coordinators
- Responsible for Performance Management of all assigned personnel
- Responsible for successful development and execution of the Technical Training Plan in coordination with the Field Training Team
- Ensure TOPS plan is prioritized based upon Breakdown, Rework and Running Cost trends
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for future staffing based on changes to the business environment
- Responsible for Recruiting, Hiring, On-boarding, Payroll, and Succession Planning. Customer Management Directly responsible for customer relationship management to include issue resolutions, customer satisfaction, and retention, as well as ensuring uptime
- Responsible for optimizing vehicle maintenance cycle time and ensuring that the shop meets or exceeds Delivered in Time Promised objectives based upon customer requirements
- Oversight to ensure successful execution of the Customer Communication Protocol
- Partner with the Sales Team to ensure proper scoping of prospective new business opportunities and identify opportunities for growth within existing customer base. Collaborate with Sales Team to develop the service requirement section of the Customer Care Plan to ensure effective delivery of service. Conduct customer visits and Annual Reviews as required by the Customer Care Plan
- Financial Management Directly involved in strategic financial planning by developing budgetary forecasts and implementing cost control measures related to maintenance operations budget and location P&L statement to meet short and long term financial goals
- Directly responsible for successful execution of Maintenance Initiatives to attain or exceed specified financial targets
- Work with vendor sourcing group to identify potential and preferred vendors for specific facilities and vehicle maintenance services
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy of third party invoices and the quality of worked outsourced to vendors
- Oversight and exception management of Payroll, Purchase Order approval and invoice reconciliation, and fuel reconciliation
- Responsible for the successful execution of the customer bill back process to include identification, review and approval of bill back opportunities
- Responsible for ensuring proper documentation and explanation/ reporting of re-billable activity
- Responsible for the successful execution of the Warranty process and maximizing warranty recovery
- Ensure data integrity in the Shop Management Online system. Asset Management Directs his/her management team in order to maintain the appearance and maintenance of assigned locations, including sustaining 6S standards throughout the shop
- Prioritize and approve shop tooling and equipment requirements based on needs and scope
- Management and oversight of vehicle specifications and vehicle in-service/out-service process
- Provide expert insight during business unit asset management review
- Ensure all vehicles have required specifications in SAM. Oversight of Parts Inventory management, policies and procedures
- Quality Management Directly involved in strategic quality planning by developing corrective action and counter measures to operational quality issues. Oversight of Quality Inspection of PM & repairs, including In Process Reviews of non-PM work
- Maintain control/visibility over shop floor activities to ensure proper root cause diagnosis by technicians and that the yield on all parts/components is optimized
- Lead breakdown root cause analysis process, implement corrective actions locally, and when necessary, communicate issues to Technical Assistance Center
- Develop and ensure implementation of Quality Assurance Audit Corrective Action plans and Continuous Improvement programs
- Responsible for ensuring a safe workplace and providing guidance for all safety efforts and initiatives
- Ensure Cleanliness and quality of repair for all maintained vehicles
- Accountable for maintenance of all relevant documentation required to meet and/or exceed local, state, federal, as well as customer requirements
- Comply with Safety and EPA regulations and requirements
- Financial Impact Responsible for 371 - 601 Truck Equivalencies
- Responsible for revenue base of up to $10M
- Responsible for annual net maintenance expense of up to $3M
- Manages an inventory of approximately up to $100K
- Employees Supervised Responsible for the management of up to 25 employees, including but not limited to: Shop Supervisors, Technicians In Charge, Customer Service Coordinators, Parts Responsible Tire Persons, Technicians and Service Employees to support the needs of assigned location
- Safety Sensitive or DOT Regulated This position is responsible for all safety related operations within their branch to ensure all requirements related to OSHA, DOT and DOT Regulated Employees are administered properly
- Travel Requirements Less than 10%