Serves as an internal consultant to Human Resources (HR) and organizational leadership on key business objectives. Collaborates with organizational leaders, and departments across the organization to design and deliver system-wide, strategic initiatives. The work is focused on assessing and diagnosing organizational needs, driving change, and building high performing teams and leadership capability. Responsible to support the continuous improvement of talent management processes and practices, to design and implement programs that facilitate staff development, to drive employee engagement and to build a pipeline for future Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH) leadership.
Responsibilities: A listing of the key responsibilities
- Collaborates with D-HH leadership, HR partners, and other organizational departments to identify and develop key capabilities needed for growth, develop plans to deliver desired capabilities, coordinate and execute programs; ensure an integrated approach to organizational development, learning and talent management; create solutions that drive improved performance and effectiveness; and drive the creation, adoption and administration of talent management tools.
- Supports the strategy for integrated processes and programs in the areas of talent management, performance management, employee engagement and leadership development.
- Deploys talent management processes including: succession planning, talent review and assessment, talent development, organizational assessment, program evaluation, staff development and employee engagement.
- Coaches leaders and teams on appropriate management, change management tools and resources needed to lead and work on teams. Develops diverse learning experiences (courses, stretch assignments, job rotations); active learning communities; development mind-set; personal accountability; mentoring/coaching, e-Learning tools and job aids.
- Ensures that sound project management principles are applied to all projects, including stakeholder communications plans, project plans, and ensures plans are executed on time and within budget.
- Facilitates learning through a variety of methods, classroom, webinars, virtual and blended approaches and develops measures of success associates with learning and development.
- Uses research and industry best practices to influence innovative solutions.
- Works to increase own knowledge and skills to meet organizational needs and to stretch organizational thinking.
- Uses data and analysis to inform organization effectiveness/talent program decisions.
- Uses expertise and strong communication skills to influence leaders and teams; is comfortable operating on influence without authority.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or its equivalent in education and experience required.
- 10 years of experience in Organizational Development and/or Organizational Effectiveness, Human Resources, or Business Operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to utilize the consulting process to lead complex organization-wide projects and initiatives with multiple stakeholders and clients.
- Demonstrated development and application of organizational development and talent management methodologies in complex environments which have resulted in positive change and business performance (including learning, succession planning, leadership development, team effectiveness, employee and career development, performance management, change management and process improvement).
- Experience with vendor management and organization diagnostics.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with executive leaders and external experts / vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct needs assessment and apply assessment and evaluation methodologies.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to implement targeted solutions with effective influencing skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience leading large-scale, transformational, organization-wide initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships, coaching and consulting
- Familiarity with a variety of training methods such as classroom training, on-the-job training and eLearning.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, able to present classroom trainings and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and trust with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, teach and present new ideas with clarity and simplicity
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt.
- Ability to travel to all D-H and affiliate locations is required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: