The Senior Mechanical Engineer works under the general direction of engineering management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and analysis of assigned systems.
- Prepare and review engineering documentation and statements of work (SOW).
- Evaluate and accept engineering documentation and participate in the validation and test of requirements and design.
- Handle classified documentation in accordance with industrial security guide and covering practices.
- Provide and maintain work documents and records that effect design, test evaluation and design alternatives.
- Act as an FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) as directed by company management in accordance with FAA Order 8110.37 and KAC P & P 15/11.
- Perform other duties consistent with senior engineer's ability and company requirements.
- Prepare written communication to senior management to define work status, schedule, scope, risk, problem areas, mitigation alternatives and pertinent information as requested.
- Work in teams to accomplish common goals and objectives as defined by Management.
- Communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and customers for data exchange; status discussion and resolution of engineering issues and activities.
- Participate in engineering and management reviews, working groups and related activities and completion of action items assigned.
- Liaison with external groups and organizations for the purpose of accomplishing assigned tasks.
- Areas of concentration may include the following areas of design: electrical, mechanical, systems, software and structural design.
- Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance, as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in aeronautical or mechanical engineering with at least 1 to 2 years graduate level work leading to a Master's degree or equivalent learning experience.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in engineering. Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specialized field with strong capabilities in aircraft mechanical systems.