At New Relic, we love making tools for engineers to answer important questions about the health of their software. Our users rely on us to help them visualize, explore, and reason about their application, infrastructure, and customer data.
As a Senior Design Manager, you will lead and run a hardworking, high-performing team of designers in Portland and Tel Aviv. We will look to you to help build a culture that's empowering, collaborative, and pushes the boundaries of great design for our users.
What You'll Do
- You will lead and run a hardworking and high-performing team. Coach and inspire your team to do the best work of their career.
- Evangelize good design practices, principles, process and patterns throughout the entire software delivery lifecycle. Supply to New Relic's design strategy.
- Partner with product management, engineering, research and product language to ensure projects are well-defined and successfully executed.
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products. Help execute New Relic's business objectives.
- You will build strong communication and coordination channels across our distributed design organization (Barcelona, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco, Tel Aviv).
- You will mentor, coach and provide feedback to help your team grow and thrive.
- Ensure world-class design quality throughout the software delivery lifecycle.
- Encourage those around you, from designers to executives, to take a user-centered approach to product development.
- Be kind.
- 5+ years of professional experience in interaction design and user-based research methods.
- 3+ years of design management, guiding people and projects through complicated territory, with consistently high-quality results.
- BA/BS or Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and standard methodologies, using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make key design decisions and iterate on products.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, reciprocal and agile environment, while helping make solid design decisions and influencing business strategy.
- Experience working with enterprise software and effectively navigating and leading others through the challenges of a complex, highly technical domain.
- Experience attracting, hiring, coaching and retaining top design talent.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry's largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world's best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.