The Senior Manager Employee Relations Manager functions as a subject matter expert on complex employee relations, employment law and policy. The position serves as a consultant to our internal Human Resource partners and works closely with our compliance and legal departments. Additionally, this role is responsible for the design and delivery of large-scale workforce policies and programs in support of our core values and HR strategy. This role will work to support TD Ameritrade's branch network that is located across the domestic U.S.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess expert employee relations knowledge, a passion for research, the ability to manage projects, and excel in a collaborative environment.
- Consults with and provides counsel to HR Business Partners involving complex employee relations issues that may involve staff reorganizations, claims of unlawful termination, harassment, discrimination, unfair management practices, retaliation, FMLA/ADA leave issues, etc.
- Provide advice and strategy on employment related workplace issues that may involve policy violations, legal implications, behavior, performance, restructurings, FINRA implications, leave concerns, background checks etc.
- Serve as objective third party in reviewing/approving terminations and disciplinary actions
- Ensure fair and consistent employment practices are in place
- Conduct or oversee internal investigations that involve sensitive issues or potential risk/exposure
- Work with cross functional HR partners as well as business partners, i.e. security, forensics team, risk, finance, compliance, audit and legal as needed
- Design, deliver and execute large-scale projects or initiatives that involve reductions, integrations, new policy/programs, HR tools and training to promote positive management practices, etc.
- Conduct research and benchmarking related to projects, initiatives, and process improvements to drive positive associate relations and management practices
- Manage 3rd party claims including responses to attorney letters, government agencies (EEOC, DOL, State and/or Federal complaints) and by working with internal and external counsel
- Bachelor's Degree required and SPHR preferred
- 10+ years progressive HR experience including a strong background in employee relations
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Well versed in employment law and significant technical knowledge in Employee Relations with the ability to resolve a variety of complex issues
- High influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced relationship management skills
- Solutions driven and customer service oriented
- Acquisition Experience preferred
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed