The Technical Senior Accounting Manager is a key member of the Finance and Accounting Team, and will support these teams with their knowledge and application of USGAAP. The ideal candidate has a public accounting background and experience with Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC")filings and will have regular exposure to interactions with the Controllership while also serving as a strong leader within the Finance and Accounting team.
- Provide leadership over the technical GAAP accounting for the company to ensure proper interpretation and compliance with US GAAP (i.e. fair-value, business combinations, SaaS/multiple-element arrangements);
- Act as leader on revenue recognition for the company including compliance with ASC 606 to ensure proper revenue recognition;
- Review recent accounting standards and determine applicability – experience with new revenue recognition and leasing standards a plus;
- Develop and update accounting policies as needed;
- Provide assistance with M&A activities including leadership over the purchase accounting and integration of acquired companies;
- Perform research on technical accounting matters and summarize in position papers. Lead the Company's interaction with auditors regarding technical accounting matters;
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, year-end accounting closing activities, including assistance with corporate monthly close process, variance analysis, audit schedules and financial statements;
- Maintain financial stewardship by establishing internal controls and participating in documentation and testing of key internal controls;
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives;
- Participate with Employer leadership in the strategic development of initiatives to identify enhancements which may improve products, services, operations, client appeal, process flow, and overall business function, industry reputation, and financial performance;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon's policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Employer's Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the scope of work; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success.
- 7 plus years of Public Accounting Experience;
- Knowledege of ASC 606; and
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.