Job Summary: A Food Process Engineer at Shambaugh is expected to perform quality food process engineering design services in a professional manner so projects are implemented that meet or exceed our customer's satisfaction for schedule and budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Flow diagrams and specifications have been developed in accordance with:
- Customer requirements
- Shambaugh & Son, L.P. standards and specifications
- Federal, State and Local regulatory agency requirements
- Mass balance calculations have been developed and provided to the customer for review and confirmation of project production design criteria. These documents can include: q production time line studies
- Capacity usage studies
- Product mass flow calculations, etc.
- The process utility spreadsheet is filled out and distributed to the other project disciplines identifying the utility service needs of the project process design.
- A process design narrative is prepared that clearly and concisely communicates the overall process design production criteria to the customer.
- A detailed scope of work is prepared that clearly and concisely communicates our scope of work to both our clients and the estimating department.
- Standard practices pertaining to engineering calculations, spreadsheets, equipment schedules, standard details, piping methods, and control sequences are utilized as much as possible and incorporated into the project documents.
- Develop project installation requirements (materials of construction, installation methods, etc.) to adequately convey our scope of work and level of quality to our client, internal estimating staff and field installation staff.
- Equipment specifications / schedules and RFQ's have been assembled as required to enable quick and accurate responses to inquiries by up to three competitive bidders as required.
- For projects that proceed to construction:
- Project documents (i.e. Approval drawings, equipment specification sheets (cut sheets) have been distributed to the appropriate project team members in a timely manner.
- A written functional description has been prepared to describe required operation of the process design to the Shambaugh automation group.
- Provide on site engineering support for an existing construction project, which could include regular site visits or temporary relocation to the project site, to ascertain that the systems and equipment that encompass the process design are being installed properly.
- Projects are commissioned (including trouble shooting) and owner operators are trained.
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural, Chemical, Mechanical or Food Process Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience across one or more industries with design and project emphasis in the Food and Beverage industry (breweries, bottlers, dairies, confectionary producers, etc)
- Ability to work independently or a team environment
- Travel is expected with this position, duration determined as required for project design and execution
- Computer literate with MS Office product offerings including Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc, proficiency in AutoCad is a plus
- Can communicate clearly and effectively, in both written and oral work
- All applicants must have legal authorization to work in the United States