Terracon is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager for our office in Lake Charles, LA. The candidate will provide environmental/ engineering consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering/ environmental principles and be able to communicate complex engineering/ environmental issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Services may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, site assessment and remediation, ecological and natural resource field surveys, storage tank management, tank closure assessments, asbestos consulting, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines; Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; Demonstrates safety practices; Promotes pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects; Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Responsible for leading complex or unique projects
- Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Assist in establishing and updating current policies/ procedures for technical projects in field of expertise, to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by staff
- Provide technical direction and training to less experienced professional staff.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
- Serves as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 10 years' related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years' related experience.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
- Authorized Project Reviewer status preferred.