The senior engineer / team leader will focus on project management, process design, and equipment procurement. This senior engineer / team leader will have the opportunity to make a unique and substantial impact on Pella Corporation. The engineering team leader manages a project portfolio that delivers new and/or improved processes to manufacturing.
Pella Corporation is excited to open up a new facility in Reidsville, NC! If you are looking for an opportunity to lead others and do the work you're most proud of, this is the position for you.
Essential job duties and responsibilities for this senior engineer / team leader may include the following:
- Managing and improving manufacturing processes to deliver safety, quality, customer service, and productivity objectives
- Tracking and monitoring key performance metrics and projects to ensure short and long-term expectations are met.
- Developing engineering budgets for assigned department, prepares engineering documents including cost estimates, appropriation requests, projects schedules, design specifications, instruction specifications, purchase requisitions, and operating manuals.
- Assuring that contracts are awarded to the outside vendors that offer the best value and appropriate quality.
- Leading and/or actively participating in an Engineering Technology / Process Team.
- Influencing senior leadership in strategic decision making and policy.
Supervision of others:
Focuses on coaching, developing, and leveraging the talents of others. Supervises exempt and non-exempt employees and other engineers.
Essential job qualification and requirements for this senior engineer / team leader may include the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, or relevant Science
- At least seven years related engineering experience
- Ability to effectively present information, defend a position and address concerns is key to fostering collaboration.
- Strong influential leadership skills are necessary when planning and implementing projects, improving processes as well as strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and some Saturdays as needed
- Ability to travel at a moderate level. May be as much as 50% during some projects. Microsoft Office applications including Project, AutoCad, Mini-Tab (optional)
- Experience leading a variety of Continuous Improvement (CI) events
- CI Team Leader certification is preferred
- Ability to apply technical and functional expertise, manage and improve processes, foster collaboration, establish plans, coach and develop people, lead courageously, and strategic thinking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.