When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Division: Corporate Accounts | Biopharma Segment
Location: REMOTE OFFICE (must reside near an airport)
The Senior Director, Corporate Accounts owns the relationship across the enterprise between assigned strategic accounts and Thermo Fisher Scientific. He/she will create the overall account strategy, interface with the divisions to help drive the divisional account strategy, and ensure overall alignment on client priorities and objectives across the Account Management Teams (AMT). He/she will develop relationships at the executive level within accounts and in the various operating divisions of the company, in support of identifying innovative and long-term opportunities to create value for the client and Thermo Fisher Scientific. This role reports into the VP, Corporate Account, BioPharma Segment and does not have direct reports.
How will you make an impact?
- Create the overall strategy for assigned strategic accounts; incorporating division level accounts goals and objectives.
- Manage the interface between the strategic account and Thermo Fisher
- Develop relationships at executive levels within the account – extending beyond the Procurement function – to advance Thermo Fisher's access and opportunities
- Proactively identify client needs and lead the design of Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to address those needs, working across divisions and businesses as appropriate
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with corporate and division marketing teams
- Own the business objectives for the account strategy including umbrella financial objectives and compliance metrics
- Define opportunities and initiatives such as bundles, incentives, and rebates to bias the relationship towards significant improvement in share of spend with Thermo Fisher
- Lead contractual negotiations
- Conduct regular business updates to key stakeholders within client company and within Thermo Fisher
How will you get there?
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in a scientific discipline: chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering strongly preferred
- MBA or professional business education in addition highly desirable
- General management, matrix management and cross functional experience
- Direct experience in a senior position with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or fine chemical, contract research or laboratory sales, present or previous people leadership preferred
- Understanding of chemical laboratory processes and methods and regulations in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong analytical skills including basic financial training
- Proven track record of successful capture of increasing business from key account in private sector
- Ability / willingness to spend significant time on site at global client locations
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Minimum of 7 years as a senior level strategic account executive
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value accounts in a matrix environment
- Exceptional client leadership skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions across a team of resources not directly reporting
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Travel: up to 75%