Halfaker and Associates, LLC, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Software Engineering and IT Infrastructure to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to "Continue to Serve" has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2018 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Senior Cyber Analyst to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide security services as required by the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA), as well as comply with many other Federal information security and privacy requirement.
- Possess the capability to identify, detect, protect, and rapidly respond to assure containment and remediation (recover) of any security attacks against systems.
- Responsible for identifying indicators of adversarial presence on the VA network on a 24/7/365 basis via maintaining an understanding of the motivations, tactics, techniques, and procedures of cyber adversaries.
- Perform independent verification and validation of the security posture, perform cyber-related reporting to outside Agencies, and leads Departmental efforts to prepare for and defend against emerging and imminent threats
- A successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and knowledge with multiple of the following:
- Support Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems
- Cobalt Strike
- Kali Linux Suite
- PhishMe or comparable enterprise anti-phishing solution
- Must have one of the following certifications:
- VA CSP
- Bachelor's degree
- Eight years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs High Security Investigation (VA BI)