Expert customer storytelling is critical to a successful customer marketing program. As a key member of the Customer Marketing team at New Relic, you will be responsible for gaining a deep understanding of how customers are using New Relic to deliver organizational business value and develop content to support the internal understanding and use of these stories.
The right candidate will have reference recruitment & management experience, experience with analytics and tools (SQL, Tableau, Periscope, Salesforce, Marketing Automation etc) and experience working with executives. You'll also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation & storytelling skills, and a passion for working with people, both cross-functionally within New Relic, and externally.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You'll Do
- Recruit and manage a specific set of New Relic customer references to participate in a wide variety of activities to promote broad market awareness and sales acceleration for New Relic, including written content, PR, AR, videos, presentation material and speaking at events
- Work with sales to collect information about potential customer marketing program participants
- Manage day-to-day reference program activities including recruitment, stakeholder communications, reference, forecasting, and reporting
- Establish a positive experience for customers as they participate in the New Relic Customer Marketing Program, balancing customer needs with stakeholder requirements
- Develop an expert understanding of New Relic customer stories in order to provide customer example recommendations to ad-hoc and regular requestors
- Participate in monthly & quarterly reporting, provide monthly recruitment forecasts, and give data and insights as necessary to teams interested in understanding our customer successes.
- Support the customer content creation process including interviewing customers, submitting interviews for transcription and submission to the content team, reviewing content review, soliciting internal feedback, and managing content approvals with the customer
- Work with team members to utilize established company communications channels to inform the internal organization of new and updated customer marketing content
- Internalize and distill down a wide range of existing customer content to produce a standard set of sales tools to enable effective and consistent organizational storytelling
- 5+ years Customer Reference Program experience including recruitment, storytelling, and reference reporting
- 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, History, Communications or a related field
- Content Marketing, Communications, Product Marketing, Customer Success, Sales or PR experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides (G Suite)
- Experience working with Reference DB, Marketing Automation, Salesforce
- Ability to think and execute strategically
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills in a dynamic environment with numerous tasks and little direct instruction
- Ability to work with internal and external executive stakeholders and customers
- Ability to adapt to a highly collaborative team setting
- Excellent written communication content development, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support customer-facing interactions
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our San Francisco office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
Our Portland office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.