By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to join our legal team. Reporting to the SVP and General Counsel, the Senior Corporate Counsel will provide broad-based legal and compliance support to the colleagues throughout Bio-Techne, with attention to detail, a proactive and practical approach to the impact of law on business, and a dedication to customer service. The Senior Corporate Counsel will be a corporate generalist position supporting Bio-Techne's global business teams on a variety of day-to-day legal matters, including contracts (including especially license and other intellectual property provisions and agreements), compliance initiatives, and corporate transactions, and other legal matters. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of broad-based legal experience in dealing with sophisticated legal issues. Experience in a life sciences business and knowledge of intellectual property law is preferred. A background that incorporates a mixture of law firm and in-house experience would be ideal. As a part of a small legal team, this position provides a great opportunity to engage in challenging legal work for an innovative, growing company in a department small enough to afford meaningful contribution opportunities.
- Provide high-quality, proactive, service- and business-oriented legal advice and service on a wide variety of legal matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements and contracts, including sales agreements and distribution, license and collaboration agreements, supply agreements, etc. Develop templates and provide contracts training to business leaders involved in contract negotiation and management. Oversee the Contracts database and supervise Contracts paralegal.
- Work with the General Counsel on compliance matters addressing the wide array of regulations covering a global public company. Draft, review and update compliance policies and procedures. Develop and deliver compliance training to employees. Manage and oversee complaints and investigations related to compliance matters.
- Work with the General Counsel and outside counsel as needed in the management of litigation and dispute matters, including intellectual property and contract disputes.
- Assist the General Counsel and outside counsel as needed on mergers, acquisitions and investment activities, including due diligence support and integration post-acquisition.
- Undertake other ad hoc projects as assigned by the General Counsel as necessary to support business initiatives.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials. Current attorney license in good standing in at least one State, preferably Minnesota.
- Ten or more years of varied corporate law experience (preferably a portion of which gained in an in-house corporate setting).
- Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts. Must be a skilled writer and drafter.
- Driven and self-motivated with a strong desire for customer service and excellence.
- Exceptional oral and written communications, presentation, and facilitation skills. Must interact confidently, persuasively and diplomatically with all levels of the Bio-Techne organization. Must also be a good listener.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior in-house corporate generalist experience.
- Experience in life sciences or a related field.
- Knowledge of intellectual property law and licensing