Organizes, completes, and submits proposals to potential customers to complete the sale of Telephonics' products. Negotiates final terms and conditions of the contract with the client by phone or in person to obtain the final sale at an acceptable price. Reviews and assesses the Company's performance against the terms and conditions of the contract based on information received from various departments. Investigates the causes of areas of non-compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and analyzes the request for proposal (RFP) submitted by the prospective client in order to uncover and resolve potential problem areas.
- Identifies issues noted in writing to prospective clients and suggest alternatives to resolving issues noted.
- Reviews and evaluates all proposal documents received from various departments on the costs of labor and materials to design, build, and ship the products specified.
- Prepares a proposal letter and submitting the letter with supporting documentation to management for final review and approval.
- Submits the proposal to the customer within the stated deadline. Assembles a cross-functional negotiation team to support the negotiation process.
- Organizes teaming agreements with outside companies that will partner in the proposal preparation and contract negotiation.
- Discusses points of disagreement until resolution.
- Ensures that all support for the terms and conditions of the contract are aligned with subcontractor arrangements.
- Authorizes the final contract if the terms and conditions are within acceptable guidelines.
- Ensures that all terms and conditions as negotiated appear in the final version of the contract.
- Reviews and assesses the Company's performance against the terms and conditions of the contract based on information received from various departments.
- Investigates the causes of areas of non-compliance.
- Negotiates schedule relief or additional compensation from the client depending on the source and cause of the problem.
- Attends meetings with visiting customers to review and resolve any problems or misunderstandings regarding the contract and to strengthen business relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
EDUCATION: B.S. Degree in Business Administration or Liberal Arts
EXPERIENCE: 9 years of contract administration experience.