$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
The Senior Construction Manager (CM) is the backbone of the construction portion of a project. CMs are responsible for ensuring site safety is maintained according to the safety plan, maintaining the daily progress goals, ensuring installation quality is monitored during the entire construction period, and communicating to Project Manager. Typically, a Construction Manager does not actually perform any construction himself but is in charge of validating work performed by others. A CM must be versed in various construction trades so that they may accurately inspect and evaluate the multiple scope elements on a project.
A Senior Construction Manager has a wide array of job responsibilities. These responsibilities change from day to day depending on the progress of the project and unforeseen events. Some typical duties include monitoring the safety plan implementation, evaluating workmanship and quality, ensuring the project schedule is being met, reviewing any plan discrepancies in the field, coordinating activities between subcontractors and resolving any disputes which may arise on the job site. A Construction Manager must be ready to take on unique challenges daily, with the responsibility of keeping a project on schedule and on budget. The CM acts as the company's representative when dealing with vendors, subcontractors, local authorities, and other stakeholders. The CM is directly responsible for the day-to-day operations and activities on the job site.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Acts as the primary on-site leader and manages execution teams, including all subcontractors, on assigned projects. Develops and coordinates project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
• Insures safety per OSHA guidelines and quality control across all aspect of the project.
• Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes.
• Analyzes project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress and issues to management as required.
• Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, terms, and conditions and relevant building codes to determine project requirements.
• Ensures timely delivery schedule of materials to the project jobsite.
• Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements.
• Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
• Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; and all project records.
• Manages a single large PV site or multiple smaller sites simultaneously. Be responsible for compiling a three-week "look ahead" schedule for weekly Subcontractor meetings.
• With the support of assigned staff and Construction Managers, coordinate and lead Contractor and Subcontractor field coordination meetings and cause the taking of meeting minutes including designation of action items.
• Communicate with Subcontractors and Suppliers with regard to schedule and will ensure that their schedule progresses in accordance with the Project Schedule.
• Management experience with major construction projects is required
• Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction.
• Prefer the candidate is a licensed Construction Supervisor.
• OSHA10 required. OSHA 30 preferred. Will need to have OSHA30 within one month of start.
• 10+ years of direct construction management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to communicate technical material to other technical stake holders and to a non-technical audience.
• Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
Valid Through: 2019-11-11