Change Management Senior Managers are responsible for driving medium- and large-scale process, people, and/or technology transformations. Change Management Senior Managers partner closely with client executives and project sponsors to define and implement change strategies and plans and oversee consultant and internal change management resources and teams. Summarizing and facilitating understanding strategic findings — stakeholder engagement, project issues and risks, organizational and individual impacts and opportunities—is key. The ability to define and oversee multiple work streams and provide quality assurance and subject matter expertise at various project altitudes is also key.
Change Management Senior Managers should be deeply familiar with change models commonly accepted and used by enterprise clients – ADKAR, the Kotter model, etc. They must have hands-on experience planning, managing, and delivering on enterprise change initiatives at strategic and tactical levels. Executive level presence, communication, and engagement skills are essential. The ability to engage diverse stakeholders and translate change initiatives into easily consumable business messages and objectives is key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead medium and large-scale change programs focused on process, people, and/or technology transformation
- Work with executive leaders to develop and define organizational change management strategies and architect appropriate solutions that meet business and change objectives
- Drive the development and implementation of change deliverables — stakeholder, leader, and organizational assessments; process re-engineering and communication plans; readiness assessments and plans, amongst others
- Support and manage teams that may include internal and external vendor and other third-party resources
- Ensure the successful delivery of the overall change management plan and its deliverables
- Coach and guide executive sponsor communication of the change management strategy and design
- Work with program and project managers to proactively manage and resolve roadblocks and issues. Provide project management as needed in support.
- Manage high priority cross-program initiatives and special projects that are identified during change program strategy, planning, and execution
- Manage relationships across teams to drive alignment on strategy, goals, deliverables, and timeline
- Manage and execute against PM standards, processes, quality measures, roles/responsibilities, and governance to deliver valued business outcomes
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ADKAR and related change management methodology expertise—ProSci certification highly preferred
- Proven program management expertise, methodology, and experience; PMP certification preferred
- Executive-level emotional intelligence and agility to build relationships and credibility across all levels of the project and organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, cross-group collaboration, client engagement, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent negotiation techniques and ability to achieve results through indirect influence with others
- Superior insight and effectiveness in identifying and mitigating risks and issues
Education and Experience
- 15+ years of hands-on change management, project management, and/or consulting experience
- Demonstrated success managing high-performing teams driving complex people, process, and technology change initiatives
- Global enterprise and diverse industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required – MBA or Master's degree with emphasis on industrial psychology, organizational behavior, or related-field strongly preferred.