JMT is seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager to lead the effort to identify and develop the capture plan and to secure CEI contracts in addition to supporting operations managers and practice leaders. The successful candidate must have the ability to administer construction contracts pertaining to highways, bridges and highway-related structures from the procurement through final execution phase. The candidate is expected to supervise and or manage professional, technical and/or clerical employees. The work requires contact with governmental officials and the public. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product. The successful candidate should have experience managing inspection and testing teams, managing projects or coordinating tasks of moderate size and complexity, make decisions independently and resolve complex problems. In addition to project delivery responsibilities, candidates must be able to manage budgets, personnel, schedules, sub consultants, and client interaction. This position offers an excellent career development opportunity for someone looking to grow with JMT, with potential for not only business and personal growth, but ownership in the firm.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise the CEI staff and managing the progress for all projects through final acceptance
- Act as a technical resource for construction operations as they relate to administration, programming, planning, design, and right of way in order to coordinate district operations
- Knowledge of applicable material testing methods, processes and procedures; and oversees the construction operations
- Develop and monitor construction budget requirements and oversee construction contracts partnering efforts
- Review construction Plans, Specifications and Estimates, change orders, supplemental agreements, memorandum agreements and extra work orders; review monthly and final estimates prior to submittal
- Provide project updates and decision items to the Program Director, Project Board, Steering Committee or Executive Management. Drive to meetings, trainings, and events as required.
- Attend/represent the company at various meetings and/or serve on various committees, workgroups and teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and capable to manage public relations for maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups
- Ability to lead construction engineering team comprised of professional engineers
- Capability to manage financial and personnel resources to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to effectively supervise professional, administrative and technical employees; and plan, assign, direct, coordinate and review their work
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to lead a project and supervise a technical staff of 5-15 personnel
- Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices
- Flexibility to travel to construction sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours
- Must be a self-directed yet a team player, and have a focus on quality, integrity and success
- B.S. or M.S. Civil Engineering with P.E. license in the State of Texas (or other states a plus) or ability to obtain within six months
- 15-20 years of project management experience in Texas
- TxDOT experience is required
- Proven business development experience.
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Client Focus
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service