Zebra's Enterprise Asset Intelligence captures real-time data and increases the productivity of an on-the-go workforce. Our versatile integrated voice and data mobile computing products allow organizations to capture information specific to their enterprises' demands. We are number 1 in Mobile Computing with thousands of customers and well over 10,000 channel partners. rapid growth in worldwide online shopping and e-commerce.
We are searching for a DevSecOps engineer for our IT team to support our Engineering and Product Development business units focusing on automation and extensive variety of cloud services opportunities while delivering infrastructure DevOps services and supporting the global engineering labs.
The DevSecOps engineer is responsible for assisting product development teams to speed development times. This includes responsibility for executing the tools and processes to enable DevSecOps and will support an end-to-end provisioning process, facilitating automation wherever possible. Part of the DevSecOps engineer job is to ensure the orchestration/automation layer automatically adds, modifies, or removes any service in a standard and controlled manner based on defined application policies and new services / components are automatically built as planned based on usage patterns. Ideally the candidate should have experience within a wide variety of Cloud Services and process automation.
- Responsible for implementation and management of all infrastructure solutions based on Product Engineering architectural designs
- Manage and maintain software defined infrastructure environment, configuration and build scripts for Product Engineering production environment
- Monitor all events that occur and detect and escalate exception conditions during CI and CD process where Infrastructure impacts applications/platform
- Build and operationally manage all services, including the orchestration/automation layer (Infrastructure – Server and Compute, Backups, etc)
- Maintain operational stability; enforce security measures, testing, development and deployment of new Infrastructure related technologies
- Work with Product Engineering to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application patterns/workflow
- Track and monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure specific services; ensure performance and SLA/OLA adherence
- Coordinate all production systems, information systems, and technology infrastructure necessary to support application/platform prior to deployment
- Monitor all events and take appropriate actions to address and control events, work with Site Reliability Engineer and Services on RCA efforts
- Predicatively and proactively correct events and potential incidents in the SDI environment before they appear (e.g., a rogue application policy or process consuming excessive compute, storage or power)
- Recognize and correct issues with Infrastructure components (orchestration, configuration, elastic services) to maintain service continuity
- Ensure standard build/image for Product Engineering specific SDI services
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a software defined infrastructure (SDI, SDDC, SDN) environment, preferably architecting IaaS, SaaS, PaaS offerings
- 5+ years' experience using and configuring DevSecOps tools
- 3+ years in provisioning Servers within a DevSecOps process
- Deep technical expertise in a minimum of one domain, e.g. network design and development
- Experience leading teams of technical resources
- Capable of quickly learning new technologies and procedures, as well as being willing to train others in procedures mastered as part of implementations
- Strong knowledge of Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Pivotal experience is a Plus.