Puget Sound Energy's Energy & Derivative Accounting Department is looking for a Senior Accountant to join a vital and
vibrant team helping to ensure PSE is our customer's energy partner of choice.
This position is integral to the Energy & Derivative Accounting Department, the greater Finance Function and PSE's mission.
This individual's tasks will range from preparing moderate to complex accounting entries, controls, reports and disclosures, to
partnering with other business units as we work through dynamic changes at the company. These changes, such as
technology enhancements, process redevelopment, and analysis of new energy transactions, make opportunities for
learning, leadership interaction, and overall growth ample. We are looking for someone who is accountable for and detailed in
performing tasks, as well as energized to drive innovation and improvement.
- Performs complex accounting, analysis and/or billing functions.
- Prepares, evaluates, and maintains data computed using complex financial analysis models.
- Evaluates and implements changes related to regulatory and GAAP compliance.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles accounts.
- Participates in the maintenance of the general ledger and/or other automated systems and databases.
- Reviews the work of other accountants.
- Prepares and reviews internal, external, and regulatory financial reports.
- Responds to requests received from management and other departments and represents the department at company meetings.
- Leads or participates on special projects/research within the department.
- Complies with internal controls and actively updates and tests SOX 404 procedures.
- May act as a subject matter expert.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced staff and cross-trains with other staff members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5 years of directly relevant accounting experience; or Certified Public Accountant designation with 3 years relevant experience at a major Public Accounting firm such as developing technical accounting memorandums, directing the work of staff accountants and directly supporting the development of staff accountants.
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong ability to effectively analyze and report on financial information
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong PC skills (including Excel, Word, Access)
- Leadership, mentorship, and coaching skills
- Experience with SAP
- Certified Management Accountant or candidate
- Advanced Degree.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.