Maintain accurate, credible and up-to-date financial records for ConnectiCare, Inc.
- Complete accounting functions to prepare and report monthly financial resulst. Includes the following:
- Prepare journal entries to record activity as assigned.
- Complete reconciliations of GL accounts to subsidiary documents and sources.
- Analyze financial results for assigned accounts to determine reasonableness.
- Generate and review trial balance information.
- Generate and review internal financial statements by entity and consolidated.
- Prepare and review external DOI reports for CT and MA.
- Interpret and analyze financial statements and transactions for trends and reasonableness of results.
- Work the Finance staff and non-finance staff to resolve open financial issues that impact the integrity of financial information.
- Complete internal control procedure for assigned accounts.
- Update PeopleSoft general ledger system as required for monthly closing and reporting.
- Design and implement new accounting processes to streamline and simplify closing and reporting procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on accounting and internal control procedures.
- Complete other related projects and duties as assigned.
- BS Accounting or Finance.
- 5 + years of relevant experience in a medium sized organization.
- Strong communication skills with Finance and non-Finance staff and management.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and PC applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with automated accounting and financial systems.
- Statutory reporting – NAIC recommended but not mandatory.
- Peoplesoft experience recommended but not mandatory.