We are looking for a Security Architect to join our Global Enterprise Security team in San Antonio, Texas! In this role, you are responsible for developing and maintaining the global enterprise information security technology strategy and baseline, managing and enforcing system development processes, and providing security engineering and consulting services across the enterprise. A Security Architect is primarily focused on using the architecture we have today as well as shaping how the company operates in the future through development of sound, security oriented business processes and architectural design patterns. This role is a part of a small Architecture and Engineering team within Global Enterprise Security.
- Understand the technical capabilities of the security architecture components
- Understand how the architecture components are being deployed and used
- Identify architectural or security posture gaps based on planned maturation, incidents or threat intelligence necessitating operational enhancements
- ID mitigations and operational enhancements of the security posture using existing technical capabilities and process changes
- Work as part of the architecture, engineering and acquisition teams to fill gaps that aren't solvable with existing technology and processes
- Collaborate with project teams, in order to define mitigating controls through the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Assist project teams with sourcing, product strategies, and technology research and evaluations. This will ensure that information security is a fundamental element of the technology architecture.
- Perform tasks to translate technical security vulnerabilities into business risk terminology.
- Maximize the operational effectiveness of our defensive infrastructure by operationally configuring our defensive infrastructure as a coherent system of systems focused on internal security use-cases and Rackspace's operational security requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years experience in a security or related IT function.
- CISM, GIAC or other vendor (Cisco, Microsoft, etc) certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding and experience with IT security technologies
- Basic understanding of a variety of information security processes and principles, such as Enterprise security architecture, Vulnerability assessment, Defense in depth, SDLC, Identity and access management, Networking concepts (routing, design, TCP/IP), ISO 27001/27002
- The successful candidate will have architecture, engineering, analyst and operator background and mindsets as well as leadership skills:
- Architect to evolve our system of systems to meet emergent requirements that cannot be satisfied by existing architectural capabilities
- Engineer to understand the existing technology and operational activities and business processes
- Analyst to understand the operational requirements as well as driving non-business impacting changes by leveraging situational awareness
- Operator to integrate the former two into a cohesive, evolving security posture
- Leadership to initiate and build a virtuous feedback loop that continually advances our security posture through a cross-company team primarily including GES DI, SAAC/ASG, GON and NetSec
#LI-SD1 About Rackspace
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world's best technology services company.