As a Credits & Incentives (C&I) Senior Manager for RSM's State and Local Tax (SALT) practice, you will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Utilize your skills and experience with state tax credits, incentives, WOTC, site and location analysis to help build a service delivery team and drive C&I services to firm clients
- Drive growth and profitability of the C&I and SALT practice by generating new revenue on existing client portfolio, cross selling and bringing in new clients for the tax practice
- Work as part of a national practice to facilitate knowledge sharing based on your specific areas of expertise and experience while utilizing C&I resources across the firm to leverage expertise in other states
- Ability to integrate with clients and the overall tax team to review state tax returns to identify C&I opportunities and provide C&I services
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Lead and manage the business relationship of complex engagements with a focus on high-value quality tax advice and seek to expand services to clients
- Responsible for managing a team of SALT associates, seniors, supervisor and managers
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Serve as a Career Advisor and supervise, mentor and develop staff members and provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- Review research findings and ensure conclusions are consistent with firm policies and professional standards
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Speak at both external and internal events to build the firm's brand and your personal brand as experts in the field of credits and incentives
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- CPA, JD, LLM, EA, CCIP or CEcD
- Minimum of 8 years of experience providing income and franchise tax consulting services in a Public Accounting, Consulting, or Law firm
- Strong analytical, problem solving, detail oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9414