Salesforce Platform Engineer are responsible for the implementation and configuration of the technical infrastructure including web applications, layered software, hardware platform and operating systems. The Technology Consultant regularly consults with clients on best practices, issue resolution and experience guidance in order to improve the performance/reliability of client's technical environment.
- As a Salesforce Platform Engineer, you will be designing, configuring and implementing marketing automation and customer relationship management solutions for our clients. You will work closely with the Client Services and Architecture teams to help identify and plan long term marketing technology roadmaps. You will be an expert in multiple marketing automation tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Pardot, and Sitecore, and will be responsible for the setup and configuration of these systems for clients. You will work directly with the Web Engineers as they develop the markup and code for marketing automation projects, and you will own the deployment of these projects. You will be highly proficient in the Salesforce CRM platform (SFDC) and will work with the Solution Engineering team to configure SFDC projects. Additionally, you will be expected to hold certifications or accreditations as applicable for the marketing technology tools used by Perficient.
- Primary Objective: Deliver high quality marketing automation and CRM solutions to our clients
- Configuration of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and other Marketing Automation platforms and tools
- Configuration of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, and other Salesforce.com platforms
- Educate and consult clients on best practices around CRM and Marketing Automation platforms
- Work with the Marketing Strategy and Business Strategy teams to develop technical solutions that meet the needs of the strategies that are being laid out for our clients.
Configuration of all components of Marketing Cloud including Journey Builder, Email Studio, Audience Studio, Mobile Studio, Social Studio, Advertising Studio, Datorama, etc.
- Configuration of Salesforce.com components including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Community Cloud.
- Work closely with the Marketing Strategy team to implement highly customized journeys in Marketing Cloud and Pardot
- Integrate various platforms using ETL tools like Salesforce Integration Cloud and Marketing Cloud Connect
- Implement and execute complex reporting and analytics utilizing Salesforce.com, Einstein Analytics, and Einstein Discovery platforms.
Salesforce Platform Engineer Traits:
- You are excited by the idea of engaging end users throughout their entire customer journey. From the initial discovery and strategy through the final email send or social connection, you will be involved in all steps of a marketing technology solution.
- You enjoy working in emerging technology and being first to market with new solutions for our clients. Marketing technology is growing quickly, and you will be one of the forerunners in the field as we bring the technology to our clients.
- You are obsessed with excellence and quality from yourself and your team.
- You are an evangelist for best practices and current techniques for technical configuration of marketing technology tools.
- You are a visionary for the future of marketing technology.
- You understand the importance of quality, deadline and budget adherence.
- You understand the importance of telling the story of the technical solution your team created through proper documentation, knowledge sharing and case studies.
- You put yourself in the shoes of our clients and work hard to meet their goals as well as representing Sundog in a highly professional manner.
- You take charge of marketing technology projects, leveraging past experience and delegating appropriately to maximize team productivity and learning opportunities.
- You enjoy working directly with clients, including occasional travel to client sites to consult or embed with remote teams.
- You understand the importance of a positive attitude, positive culture and work on a continuous basis to make Perficient a great place to work.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent training/experience) and at least three years of hands-on professional experience developing online solutions.
- Methodical and organized, comfortably overseeing multiple projects and setting priorities for your team.
- Has a passion for innovation, keeping up with trends and continuous education related to web, marketing technology, and social media technologies.
- Talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely to colleagues and clients.
- You have demonstrated the ability to be both a problem solver and a solution finder.
- Experience building great solutions and can oversee implementation lifecycles, including requirement specification, documentation, QA processes and deployment.
- Fundamental understanding of marketing automation tools, including but not limited to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and Sitecore.
- You have a solid understanding of the role marketing automation plays in the integrated digital marketing environment.
- You are both professional and comfortable meeting directly with clients, and can serve as a bridge between the Client Services Team and the implementation team.
- You acknowledge that marketing automation extends far beyond automated email marketing, and you can effectively convey this to the client.
- You are able to learn new systems quickly. The marketing automation field is evolving quickly, and you will be among the first to learn and share new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience in a professional consulting organization working with enterprise-scale companies
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Marketo or Pardot
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel or SAP
- Experience with Marketing Automation tools such as Sitecore, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Eloqua or Marketo