Manage and supervise the Sales and Service Coordinator (SSC) Team and Request for Proposal (RFP) Team, throughout the PacificSource service area, enterprise wide. Receive, analyze and resolve escalated PacificSource service related issues. Provide operational, administrative and project support for the Sales Team. Actively participate in determining benefit plan designs. Oversee PacificSource's sales support participation in public events, forums, seminars and volunteer opportunities within our communities. Work collaboratively with leadership in Operations, Process Improvement, Sales and Community Strategy and Marketing to effectively manage work processes, process improvements, and deployment of key strategies impacting the overall satisfaction of group plan administrators and employers with PacificSource.
- Manages and supervises the SSC Team Lead and RFP Team Lead in Oregon. Oversees the administrative functions and activities of the team leads.
- Serves on PacificSource committees relating to benefit design, implementation and administrative procedures as needed, reporting this information to the Sales Support Team.
- Supervises training and assignments of Client Service Representatives and Sales & Service Coordinators. Conducts regularly scheduled meetings to ensure current knowledge of advertising, new products, policies and procedures, etc.
- Performs strategic planning on account management practices and procedures to be used by Account Managers and Client Service Representative including but not limited to formalized service call topics, formats, and transmittals.
- Creates plans and procedures related to identifying communicating, and outlining care management strategies between our large employers and our health services team.
- Acts as a liaison between PacificSource, group plan administrators/employers and brokers to ensure satisfaction with PacificSource. Receive, analyze and resolve client issues on behalf of the Sales Support Team.
- Field questions from other departments relating to sales support functions and identify process improvement opportunities as necessary, while acting as a conduit of communication to appropriate team members.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of all tasks of Sales Support teams related to group implementations and renewals.
- Prepares, oversees and conducts educational training, administrative procedures, as it pertains to the Sales Support Team. Responsible to ensure staff are current with PacificSource products, services and legal and compliance issues appropriate to their position.
- Leads/mentors Client Service Representatives and Sales & Service Coordinators in management and retention of assigned books of business.
- Works with the Regional Sales Directors to hire and evaluate Sales Support personnel in Oregon, Idaho and Montana.
- Establishes key metrics and oversee processes to ensure achievement.
- Oversee RFP Team for quality deliverables, content management for large group proposals.
- Lead/oversee RFP team to improve content and visibility of proposals.
- Utilize LEAN management principals to streamline processes and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Arranges details of PacificSource representation at various seminars, forums and events throughout the respective communities.
- Responsibility for oversight, management, development, implementation, and communication of department programs.
- Responsibility for hiring, staff development, coaching, performance reviews, corrective actions, and termination of employees. Provide feedback, including regular one-on-ones and performance evaluations, for direct reports.
- Develops annual department budgets. Monitors spending versus the planned budget throughout the year and takes corrective action where needed.
- Coordinates business activities by maintaining collaborative partnerships with key departments.
- Responsibility for process improvement and working with other departments to improve interdepartmental processes. Utilizes lean methodologies for continuous improvement. Utilizes visual boards and daily huddles to monitor key performance indicators and identify improvement opportunities.
- Actively participate as a key team member in Manager/Supervisor meetings.
- Actively participate in various strategic and internal committees in order to disseminate information within the organization and represent company philosophy.
- Meet department and company performance and attendance expectations.
- Implements and manages projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: Five years' experience in health insurance industry with two years of supervisory experience required.
Education, Certificates, Licenses: Bachelor's degree in Business or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Current Department of Insurance Life and Health License or eligible to obtain one. Must hold a valid driver's license.
Knowledge: A thorough understanding of PacificSource products, administrative procedures, and the health insurance industry. Ability to remain current on PacificSource administrative procedures and products, healthcare, and the health insurance industry. Ability to gain knowledge of state and federal laws affecting group health insurance and agents. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively with all types of individuals. Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Consistently and effectively pays attention to detail, produces high quality work in a timely manner, and strives to increase production without sacrificing quality. Ability to handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness. Ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously and independently.