Responsible for the day to day management of all sales and business development conducted by Marketing, Insides Sales and the Account Executives, and for leading the company to the projected bookings, revenue and DCM goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Develop, implement and manage a plan to achieve or exceed bookings, revenue and DCM goals for each target regions and each service line, in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Ensure that the marketing and sales teams understand the prospects and clients' business objectives and challenges, and can call upon internal subject matter experts to assist during the pre-sales process as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Director, Advisory Solutions to market and sell complete solutions
- Direct the day to day management of the sales functions.
- Hire and manage sales staff.
- Continually review existing product, pricing and competition to maintain a competitive advantage, and the target DCM. Advise the Business Leader, Professional Services and Learning Solutions, on pricing.
- Oversee the management of the company's Sales expense budgets.
- Manage and mentor Sales staff through executing the following tasks:
- Travel with Sales Executives to help close business.
- Plan and lead sales meetings, in conjunction with the Marketing and Inside Sales Directors. Proactive leadership, hands-on approach to achieve a high level of sales success.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of prospects business practices and internal decision making process.
- Coach the sales staff on consultative selling.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of business processes and the operational environment of the target markets.
- Demonstrate a high degree of personal time management and the ability to maximize and prioritize the efforts of Account Executives.
- Identify and close long term relationships with national accounts.
- Personally direct large account opportunities as necessary.
- Monitor the implementation of the sales policies of the company.
- Maintain contact with customers and prospects; insure awareness of our products and technology.
- Establish, maintain and improve the internal sales processes, including pricing, contracts and CRM and hold sales teams accountable.
- Learn new technologies as appropriate.
- Collaborate with sales leaders of other UL divisions to ensure that we are collectively more relevant to our clients
- Develop and manage value added resellers where necessary
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business or Marketing.
- At least 10 years of proven success in sales.
- At least 8 years of proven sales management success.
- Experience managing sales forecasting.
- Demonstrable success implementing and maintaining effective sales processes.
- Ability to motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve their goals.
- Experience working for a consulting firm preferable
- Life sciences background highly preferable