The Resource Director drives the development, execution, implementation and communication of priorities aligned to the vision, strategies and actions of the line of business through Regional Resource Managers. Role is responsible for execution of resource management projects and continuous improvement of engagement management, projects and protocols including consistency in process across the LOB for scheduling, reporting, account prioritization, resource sharing on key firm engagements, industry alignment and national and regional LOB programs.
Drives collaboration and integration of core RM processes and Firm / LOB initiatives to improve overall RM capabilities incorporating National, regional and functional requirements and priorities including:
· Monitoring LOB workforce plans with utilization reporting and providing input to LOB leaders for forecasting
· Reviews analysis on impact of RM processes across the firm, LOB or region and presents results/conclusions to leadership
· Partners with LOB leadership on prioritization of work and deadlines
· Partners with LOB RM Leader and National leaders on rotation, global assignments and other National programs and implements programs through the LOB and provides feedback for process improvement.
· Partners with TA and Regional HR leads on new hire goals, hiring and workforce plan items including processes to ensure local market leaders, regional leaders and RM leads coordinate for effective planning and communication is timely
· Partner with and provide feedback to LPD on training needs and timing for effective deployment of training based on business needs and cycles.
· Leads innovation strategies within the resource management function
· Utilizes, shares and develops best practices, staying up to date on market trends and upgrades of scheduling technology offerings for effectiveness.
· Active involvement to ensure resource management systems are aligned with firm strategy including partnering with vendors and internal RSM resources on implementation requirements, integration with other RSM systems and enhancements.
Understands the line of business and/or solution set business needs, strategy, offerings/products and challenges; maintains a focus on supporting the goals and initiatives of each. Initiates, develops and maintains communication with internal clients to be their trusted advisor adapting the expectations for timeliness, responsiveness, accuracy, service quality, thoroughness and sense of urgency.
The Resource Director provides support of the resource management function including, but not limited to:
· Collaborate with LOB and/or solution set leaders and client engagement teams to understand their business needs and drive consistency across geographic locations.
· Implement industry initiatives across regions including education and implementation of objectives across the resource management team.
· Coordinates resources sharing both regionally and nationally across Resource Managers, functional teams and other business units.
· Effectively researches, documents, analyzes and interprets information based on expectations, adapts approach when necessary, uses problem solving and analytical skills to develop and share recommendations and solutions.
· Generates and reviews scheduling, utilization and forecasting reports and provides analysis of the data that assists regional leadership in making staffing decisions. Identifies trends to proactively balance workloads while increasing utilization. Provides various forms of analysis including financial, profitability and exception reporting. Monitors productivity, conflicts, leverage, availability, travel and non-charge hours.
· Ensure prioritization is given to high need scheduling needs across regions for crown jewel clients.
· Collaborate and share information regarding productivity and staffing issues or concerns with LOB leaders and Career Advisors. Monitor schedules to ensure staff are effectively utilized to support the achievement of financial plans for the business be reviewing available resources and facilitating necessary adjustments ensuring the alignment of resources based on experience, industry, technical expertise and geography when appropriate.
· Facilitate scheduling meetings as needed, including asking questions to ensure clarity when making recommendations and follow-up on unresolved issues in a timely manner that may require rescheduling of projects and/or staff.
· Administers and participates in scheduling system and process assimilation and orientation programs for incoming new hires.
· Proofs, edits and checks work for completeness, accuracy and formatting. Verifies that scheduling, reporting and other related information is current and accurate.
Serves as Career Advisor and provides oversight of the daily responsibilities of LOB Resource Managers.
· Drives collaboration and integration of teams nationally sharing best practices and skills.
· Understands RM market capacity throughout the year. Ensures workloads or RM professionals are appropriately leveraged and make recommendations as business needs evolve.
· Recommend RM team participation on various firmwide task forces and committees as needed.
· Collaborates with LOB leaders in RM regional structure development and management.
Bachelors or Associates Degree – Required
Resource Management or Project Management Certifications - Preferred
· Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically with Excel – Required
· Ability to prepare presentations including charts, graphics and tables – Preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate both verbally and written with diverse audiences at all levels of the organization.- Required
· Superior analytical, forecasting, problem solving and client service skills - Required
· Demonstrated ability to identify complex patterns of risk, challenges and resolves issues, makes effective recommendation on course of action, and understands when to escalate complex issues - Required
· Effective organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks required - Required
· Strong attention to detail - Required
· Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances, seek and implement change to drive business improvement; serve as a change agent – Required
· Operates with a sense of urgency - Required
8 + years of relevant scheduling or resource management experience or LOB/Solution Set experience – Required
Previous experience in LOB or Solution Set or professional services firm - Preferred
· Demonstrated ability to influence and engage stakeholders, building collaborative relationships while managing conflicting priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to respond positively to changing circumstances, seek and implement change to drive business improvement, and serve as a model of change.
· Leadership skills focusing on best outcomes for the firm as a whole
· Ability to prioritize work and set deadlines for self and others
· Ability to attract, lead, motivate, and retain a team
· Ability to support, affect, and implement change
· Ability to anticipate conflicts and resolve
· Ability to facilitate collaborative discussions regarding resource assignment, utilization and gap analysis between resource managers and leadership
· Takes initiative and ownership, can exercise independent judgment and collaborate across lines of business, regions and internal functions to meet or exceed expectations
· Process driven and ability to help train/drive/develop these processes to create unity and consistency across all offices within line of business and/or solution set.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9286