OCHNER, a leader in transportation engineering, has a challenging career opportunity for a Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Resident Engineer with transportation construction experience based in its Lisle, IL office. Resident Engineer will be required to be on site for projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage CEI business group in Illinois
- Support CEI business development efforts in Illinois
- Manage inspectors, multiple sub-consultants, and other support staff.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities and monitor staff assignments and performance.
- Resolve construction management issues.
- Respond to contractor inquiries as needed.
- Maintain client communications and relationships.
- Review shop drawings and submittals.
- Monitor construction contract compliance, schedules and budgets.
- Review and submit monthly billings to clients and prepare and process contractor payment requests.
- Prepare recommendations and responses to RFIs and Design revisions.
- Mentor staff on CEI responsibilities and tasks.
- 10+ years of CEI or relative experience and prior management experience on Road and Bridge Infrastructure projects is desirable.
- B. S. in Civil Engineering
- IL PE License.
- Experience working with major roadway agencies such as IDOT and/or Tollway
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Current IDOT processes and procedures for managing construction projects.