About Corizon Health
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Nursing to join our healthcare team at Jefferson City Correctional Center, Jefferson City, Missouri.
You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging, very rewarding and vital profession; while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person.
The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates.
- Is the nurse manager for the site and is accountable for the management of nursing practice, nursing education, staff nurse professional development, and nurse administration.
- Accountable for promoting the delivery of quality healthcare services, in collaboration with the Site Medical Provider and Health Services Administrator, to ensure that patients' medical needs are addressed at the site within the context of the site-specific contract and the organization's goals and values.
- Directs the nursing care in collaboration with the Site Medical Provider, Health Services Administrator and the Regional Director of Nursing designee for the contract within the context of the correctional healthcare delivery system by fostering collaboration and effective problem-solving among all identified stakeholders.
- Ensures the integration of evidence-based practice and research application that fosters nursing excellence in the delivery of care to diverse populations.
A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
Experience & Requirements
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing with the ability to obtain a Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of employment.
- Minimum three (3) years progressive nursing management experience, nursing experience in direct patient care delivery services.
- Possess the highest degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated abilities in nursing staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with the client, patients, staff, and management team.
- The Director of Nursing must have the ability to problem-solve. Computer proficiency.
- Exceptional communication skills, influence, morale, and leadership abilities.
- Have a strong desire to have a significant role in the success of an innovative health services program.