Vishay Intertechnology Inc., a global industry leader in the manufacturing of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components for applications in industrial, communications, transportation, consumer, medical, and defense products is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for the Central US region. Ideal candidate will be located in the greater Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL. Metro area.
In this positon you will align with the regional goals, defined by management, to develop short and long range plans including objectives and strategies for the organization to maximize market share, sales volume and design wins for their respective area. Implements processes to monitor monthly performance to sales, designs and regional objectives with the sales group reporting to this position. Develops and supports key customers for the region and provides guidance to achieve both revenue, share and design objectives. Follows Inter-accountability Management and Internal Controls process and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- As established by Management's goals, set, implement and follows up on sales strategies to exceed annual sales, design budget and market share.
- Meets regularly with customers and distribution partners to develop relationships, determine revenue and design growth opportunities and provide guidance to local sales team to support the appropriate actions.
- Communication and alignment with Marketing, Business Development, Strategic Sales, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Legal to support the entire Vishay Organization.
- Participates in regional meetings and sets forth plans to achieve regional sales and design growth, marketing objectives and customer development.
- Manages subordinate sales team to support regional objectives and provides training as required to be knowledgeable on the products/processes in the company.
- Support of selling cost budgets and capital expenditures as defined by management.
- Provides timely reports as required by management – monthly narrative, sales reconciliation, on demand, etc.
- BS Degree
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in electronic components sales at a senior level.
- Strong knowledge of electronics industry and distribution to understand emerging customers, trends and competitive landscape for area of responsibility.
- Large global account coordination with strong technical background.
- Excellent time management, organization and ability to work without supervision. Dependable, trustworthy self-starter.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills; this includes creating and presenting for both training and customer meetings.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels. Public speaking experience desired.
- Work, Excel, Powerpoint, Pivot Tables.
- Local travel visiting customers, sales personnel and distributors is required.