The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for agency development and regional sales management by growing distribution channels, revenue and margin through analytical assessment and programmatic development of market opportunities through leadership, strategic planning, tactical deployment and the management of an assigned group of independent agencies targeting growth initiatives.
Essential Job Results:
- Profile current distribution channels and identify market opportunities for development through a team and systematic approach.
- Help manage a sales program to identify, develop, and influence the outcomes of specific business opportunities.
- Travel to agencies and customers to develop market opportunities and plans.
- Participate in recruitment efforts, development and training at sales meetings, lead agency communications, plan and staff trade shows and sales meetings.
- Support corporate and departmental initiatives.
- Fulfill daily communications with agencies, sales persons, customers and others in assigned territories.
- Resolve customer complaints through investigations and development of solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Contribute to team effort.
- Must have bachelor's degree and at least 3 years' experience working with closely held Independent rep agencies.
- Must have strong writing; interpersonal skills; and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and use reports.
- Must have strong writing abilities; good public speaking skills; and computer literate.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (up to 50%), by air and over some weekends.
- Must be able to lead and motivate independent sales people.