Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,825 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, Wyoming, New Mexico and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
- Identifies and anticipates safety and health concerns and hazards by surveying environmental, operational, and occupational conditions; rendering opinions on new equipment and procedures; investigating violations; and recommending preventive programs.
- Guides and promotes safe work performance by developing safety systems, policies, and procedures; developing safety campaigns, communications, and recognitions; and training managers and employees.
- Complies with federal, state, and local safety regulations by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, interpreting standards, enforcing adherence to regulations, and advising management on needed actions.
- Enforces safety policies by conducting inspections, reporting statistics, and advising managers and employees.
- Manages and Supervises the Field Safety & Training Managers activities and responsibilities.
- Manages and assists Safety & Training managers in performing internal and regulatory audits and inspections for the company.
- Reviews and audits major third party vendors, including drilling/workover contractors, to verify safety compliance and history.
- Manages and coordinates monthly safety training programs at all field locations.
- Coordinates and maintains corporate safety database programs, including MSDS Software/Instant OSHA Training Program/OSHA Log Manager/Chem Forms – Chemical Inventory Database.
- Coordinates the implementation of the company's alcohol and substance abuse testing program.
- Develops reviews, maintains, and implements the company's safety policies and procedures manual.
- Manages and participates in the company's emergency response situations and spill management program.
- Investigates accidents to ascertain causes for use in recommending preventive safety measures and developing safety program.
Essential Job Responsibilities Cont'd:
- Assists with property site assessments and due diligence matters pertaining to safety issues.
- Manages and maintains the company's safety incentive programs.
- Manages and monitors the company's safety program, including, safety system testing, fire extinguisher inspections, signage program, and hoist/crane testing.
- Assists in developing alternatives to decrease workers compensation claims and rates.
- Develops and reports to Executive Staff on matters related to Safety and Training.
- Adheres to the company's values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Ten (10+) years minimum experience in safety, health specialized and working directly for E&P Company with four (4+) years minimum experience managing/directing others.
- Ability to accurately solve problems and exceptional proficiency in data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
Preferred: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Required: Associate/Technical Degree from an accredited two-year college, community college, or technical school.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year university or college, or related experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations