This focus of this position is to support and enforce all safety, governmental, and Matheson Tri-Gas (MTG) procedures while meeting operational goals. This position will promote the most efficient use of cylinder assets, vehicle assets, plant assets, as well as optimizing cost by working to reduce production, distribution, and cylinder maintenance cost. This position will also recommend and oversee the region's allocation of capital investments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safety, Compliance, Quality - Ensure branch locations are operated in accordance and in compliance with industry regulations, MTG procedures and safety standards. Regulations include but not limited to FDA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA. Maintain highest safety and quality standards for production and distribution through communication, audit follow up, training, and enforcement of procedures and regulations.
- Conduct effective accident investigations to determine root cause of accident, recommend, suggest or implement corrective actions.
- Training - Train and guide Customer Service Managers and branch employees in safety/production/distribution techniques assuring their development to the fullest potential.
- Asset Utilization - Assure efficient utilization of cylinder assets by monitoring and controlling stocking levels at all branches within region. Where necessary, accommodate cylinder needs through excess cylinder stock or by creating a capital investment.
- Optimize vehicle and production equipment utilization within region by monitoring distribution volumes/routes and recommending/implementing improvements or consolidations.
- Monitor and recommend investments related to cylinders, vehicles, forklifts, production equipment, and facility related items.
- Asset/Facility Maintenance - Oversee the maintenance of equipment, vehicles and buildings at all regional branch locations.
- Location Planning/Financial Management – Gives input into location operating and planning budget, monitoring of plans and goals and provides input to improve service and decrease overall cost to customer. Active in integration of operations of any acquisitions within region. Assure locations are meeting service and quality expectations of customers.
- Management/Continuous Improvement - Develop and monitor operational staffing levels and productivity performance. Ensure support of all customer service and sales efforts by keeping productivity high, controlling costs, reinforcing safety efforts and encouraging morale to achieve positive results. Work to continuously improve processes in all areas. Provide recommendations for increase department efficiency or cost reduction initiatives.
- Perform other project and duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of gas production/filling and distribution operations, methods, and practices.
- Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance management and discipline.
- An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Inventory management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong team player.
- Computer skills include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Three to five years of experience in a gas production or distribution environment with two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively with associates, vendors and customers in a wide variety of situations
- Exposure to and understanding of applicable regulations as defined by DOT, OSHA, FDA, CGA, EPA, and NFPA.
- B. S. or B. A. Degree I Engineering, Business Management, Industrial Management or related field; or strong commensurate experience.