Reporting to the Director of Onsite Service and Operations, the primary responsibility of this role is to manage a team of Onsite Endoscopic Specialists that will provide onsite service support for Protection 1® to KSEA clients.
It is the responsibility of the manager to carry out company policies the Onsite Endoscopic Specialist (OES) team. It is the manager's responsibility to assist the team in reaching assigned repair goals in a fiscally prudent way by interfacing with KSEA sales repair administration and logistics. The manager is also responsible for all operating expense management, as well as hiring, training and the daily personnel management in their assigned areas
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Ensure KARL STORZ Service goals and benchmarks are achieved for all On-site Endoscopic Specialists within the defined territory.
- Provide daily supervision of all field based On-site Endoscopic Specialists ensuring that all KARL STORZ policies and procedures are followed.
- Interface with all On-site Endoscopic Specialists accounts on a regular basis, developing relationships with key hospital staff and surgeons to ensure Service needs meet the customer's expectations.
- Develop contingency plans for team time off and provide support and coverage as needed for all accounts.
- Provide support to the OES team during large preventive maintenance checks and Health Stream in-services.
- Assist in managing audits and inventory control.
- Manage On-site Endoscopic Specialist team work schedules to ensure adequate coverage and support for all accounts.
- Encourage consistent quality improvement and learning for the On-site Endoscopic Specialist team.
- Act as a partner to KARL STORZ Sales and On-site Endoscopic Specialist teams to manage instrument repair issues within accounts across territory
- Gather and track key, relevant hospital account data and summarize to supervisor. Metrics and status will be delivered in a timely manner to reflect the dynamic and changing needs of the account.
- Collaborate and strategize with sales executives to improve customer service experience within the OR setting.
- Timely and effectively communicate customer pain points, as well as provide feasible proposals on improvement.
- Observe, collect and communicate key data on competitive accounts.
- Monitor OES daily activity, ensuring OES is providing maximum value to the customer by educating and training staff in surgical instrumentation care and handling practices.
- Conduct yearly performance reviews for On-site Endoscopic Specialists.
- Identify, develop and train staff on potential new service programs.
- Partner with Human Resources to counsel/coach any performance issues as deemed necessary.
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum education level of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in medical repair or sales; preferred background in surgical technology, central sterile processing or nursing.
- Knowledge of service-related call-points ie. Central Processing Dept, Operating Room and Bio-Med.
- Ability to manage OES field activities included but not limited to; daily troubleshooting of operating room equipment, preventative maintenance checks, in services and reporting.
- Recruiting/interviewing skills.
- Possess training skills.
- Budgeting and expense control skills.
- Ability to provide input toward the on-going development and expansion of the On-site Endoscopic Specialist program.
- Ability to critique and set direction for the On-site Endoscopic Specialist team.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in related software including MS Office and SAP.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a project management fashion.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
Preferred, not required:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a management/supervisory level role or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat fellow employees with respect.
- Has contact with: Both internal and external customers
- Physical requirement/Demands: Must be able to be on their feet for extended periods of time including going up and down stairs and navigating multiple department within the hospital facility.
- Mental requirements/Emotional Demands: Must be able to work in the perioperative arena with exposure to sounds, sights and smells and have the ability to remain calm during stressful situations.
- Interpersonal and communication skills: Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills.