The Quality Assurance Project Lead is responsible for leading and overseeing complex software quality assurance activities for enterprise programs. This role is responsible for the project planning and coordination activities associated with all Insurity test levels in accordance with the test strategy; oversees timely completion within budget, from a QA perspective; works with business/technical leads to identify and mitigate quality risk; plans and coordinates testing activities with vendor.
QA Project leads work closely with customers, engaging with all levels of management through the executive tier to plan the comprehensive joint test strategy, to influence progress and to achieve quality objectives.
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded quality assurance professional with broad experience including project management, business analysis, and/or technical domain knowledge within the Quality Discipline
What you'll be doing:
- Plan, lead, and oversee quality activities for diverse and complex enterprise programs working closely with the service delivery leads and partnering with vendor on testing services.
- Ensure appropriate scheduling of software quality resources/personnel to projects
- Develop deep client business knowledge; actively engage with clients to understand their business and perspective.
- Develops and oversees the Test Strategy. Accountable for quality.
- Responsible for assuring requirements, specifications and software engineering inputs to the testing process are timely and meet quality standards.
- Verify and validate test plans adequately address project quality risk areas.
- Adapt and innovate test methodologies to meet needs of changing environment, architecture, product offering and paradigm shifts (e.g. self-service).
- Analyze data and quality metrics, recommend solution and drive cross-organizational quality improvements.
- Seeks opportunities to learn new functionality, insurance content, or general skills that directly correlate to providing a high-quality product and actively share knowledge with others
- Advanced ability to create, analyze, and report on quality metrics for distribution / discussion with clients, senior leaders and project teams
- Works with and mentors team members with their initiatives / projects.
- Trusted advisor; recommends and drives collaborative quality approaches
- Develop partnerships with clients' project and quality assurance leaders
- Travel on-site to client sites as needed to ensure the above objectives are met
What you'll need:
- Certification, preferred - CSQE (or equivalent), PMP (or PMI certification)
- BS in computer science, quality assurance, or related engineering emphasis
- Deep expertise in testing and quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Experience with aspects of project management and business analysis preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals, including auditors, management, engineering, project management, and QA staff.
- Ability to work through complex problems to reach a workable solution
- Test Lead and/or vendor coordination experience