Alegeus is the market leader in consumer directed healthcare solutions, offering the industry's most comprehensive platform for the administration of healthcare benefit accounts, the industry's most widely-used benefit debit card, and powerful engagement solutions to help consumers maximize savings and optimize spending for their healthcare. Over 300 clients – including health insurance plans, third party administrators and financial institutions – leverage Alegeus' deep expertise and proven technology to administer benefit accounts for more than 29 million members and process more than $8.9 billion in consumer healthcare payments annually. As the healthcare and benefit markets continue to evolve, Alegeus delivers solutions that enable clients to evolve their service offerings, operate their businesses more efficiently, and focus on their customers.
Alegeus is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies, working in partnership with the market-leading technology investment firm to reinvent the consumer directed healthcare marketplace. Our talented associates benefit from this partnership through increased capital for strategic investments, access to exceptional toolkits, best practices and resources for success, and strong cultural and value alignment focused on talent development and growth.
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer with experience in all phases of software development in enterprise, real-time financial transaction processing system.
- Review functional requirements and technical designs to create test plans and detailed test case documentation
- Write test documentation such as test cases and scenarios
- Execute test plans with attention to details using both manual and automated testing
- Create and maintain test data
- Perform defects tracking and verification
- Lead the testing efforts for any given project, define the scope of testing and provide resource estimation
- Work closely with product managers and other teams to develop a deep understanding of product requirements
- Understand system components, how they interact with one another, and perform different types of testing, functional, system, regression, acceptance
- Define and promote quality assurance processes such as test plan reviews, defect management and complexity analysis
- Participate in internal product improvement, evaluation and beta testing exercises
- Work closely with offshore QA team
- Limited off hours testing will be required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required for specific job level.
- 3+ years of hands-on manual test experience
- High proficiency in the use of quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner
- Strong manual testing experience in high-traffic, data-driven applications
- Understanding of multi-tier Microsoft .NET web application architecture and strategies
- Understanding of and experience with MS SQL; ability to write SQL queries for data validation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies (SDLC)
- Flexible, quick learner, self-motivated/self-starter & adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team building skills
- Experience in Web Services testing
- Experience in Mobile testing
- Experience in Healthcare or transaction processing applications